Mirrors for Prison and Jails
MirrorPros offers a full line of cost-effective DuraMir round convex and dome mirrors that are perfect for use in prison and jail applications.
DuraMir is a virtually unbreakable and shatterproof mirror. The DuraMir is an Eastman Tritan copolyester and as you can see, it is a very tough mirror.
DuraMir is recommended for applications where safety is the primary concern or where you may have a breakage or vandalism problem. DuraMir mirrors can be used to open up surveillance around all blind corners and dead walls.
Two backing materials are available: treated hardboard and heavy duty steel. A treated hardboard backing is a durable and attractive material for indoor and outdoor use.
A heavy duty metal backing is recommended for harsh and demanding applications and is the best choice for outdoor use.
To find out more about the virtually unbreakable and shatterproof DuraMir mirror for your prison or jail facility, please visit us at www.MirrorPros.com or give us a call at 1-800-366-7235.
- Extremely tough! Great in situations where breakage and/or vandalism is possible
- Excellent choice for a hospital mirror, prison mirror, classroom mirror or traffic mirror
- Lens will not shatter, crack or break
- Less expensive than polycarbonate mirrors yet equal in strength
- Duramir Unbreakable Mirrors
- Unbreakable Mirror Video
Unbreakable Convex Mirrors Specifically Designed for Traffic, Behavioral Health & Industrial Safety
A MirrorPros exclusive – the Duramir unbreakable mirror is the best choice available if you are looking for a mirror to excel in the most demanding and harshest environments. Our most discriminate customers wanted a durable convex mirror that was priced in line with acrylic convex mirrors but would match up strength wise to polycarbonate convex mirrors – so we developed the Duramir. In fact, our Duramir unbreakable mirror is priced less than our competitors regular convex mirrors. Some of the nations largest industrial plants and government agencies rely on the MirrorPros unbreakable convex Duramir for its durability and huge price advantage over polycarbonate convex mirrors.
So what is The Duramir unbreakable convex mirror and why is it a better alternative than a polycarbonate mirror? The materials used to make the Duramir lens is PETG, which is Glycol-Modified Polyethylene Terephthalate, a highly impact resistant co-polyester. The Duramir brand of mirror measures up to acrylic mirrors as far as clarity, UV stability and outdoor rating. Featuring a lower price and superior overall performance, the unbreakable Duramir will not shatter, crack, break or fail even under extreme punishment. From a true cost of ownership perspective, you will find the Duramir will actually save you money over time. It will cut down on replacement costs because of its unparalleled strength.
The MirrorPros Duramir unbreakable outdoor mirror with weather resistant hardboard backing can be used indoor or outdoors in normal weather conditions. This outdoor convex mirror works well for industrial or home use where you don't need the added ruggedness of stainless steel backing. If you are tired of replacing mirror after mirror due to breakage, vandalism, UV break down, or yellowing, then the Duramir unbreakable mirror is what you've been searching for.
Do you need a mirror to excel in the most harshest and demanding environments? The Duramir unbreakable outdoor mirror with stainless steel backing will exceed your expectations. It will perform outdoors in extremely hot or cold temperatures, in heavy precipitation, and windy conditions
- Parking garages
- Public areas, rest areas
- Swimming pools & recreational facilities
- Hospitals, Nursing Facilities
- Traffic & driveway mirrors
- Prisons, Jails
About the DuraMir™:
- Comes with mounting hardware & brackets, and swivel arm
- Available in hardboard and stainless steel backing
- Available in standard diameters of: 13”, 18”, 26”, 30”, 36”, 48” *sizes vary according to backing materials
- 1” of mirror diameter equals one foot of optimal viewing area. For example, if a mirror is to be located 36' from your viewing location then a 18” mirror is recommended. For outdoor traffic and driveway mirrors it is advised to order a mirror one size larger.
- Ships out of our mid-west warehouses in 1 business day via UPS/FedEx ground. Some larger diameter mirrors or large quantities will ship via tractor trailer. Expedited shipping available.